This was completed for a university assignment.
ReadBooks Online (RBO) went through a significant expansion in the past 10 years with ideas including adding the ability for users to request books and audiobooks. Although IT management is centralised in its head office, there are several other employees elsewhere. After a customer satisfaction survey, it was found that substantial improvements could be made to their current catalogue system. A survey was carried out to find current customer trends and desires. The result of this is that any client of RBO can request books or audiobooks not currently in the RBO catalogue to be added for purchase.
![Business process](/files/rbo/rbo bpd.png)
Features & Technology
Features and details are explained fully in the presentation video above.
- Users can sign up for the library system.
- Users can request new media for the library to purchase through a dynamic form.
- Users can access their requests and see a history of changes.
- Employees can process requests, updating details and state.
- Administrators can set a threshold for requests to require approval for them.
- Administrators can update the roles of other users.
- When making requests, similar media is shown to users and employees to avoid duplication.
- A live chat feature exists within requests to enable updates to requests following an instant messaging conversation.